Gong Xi Fa Cai, Hong Bao Na Lai
Today's Lunar New Year's Eve and I just had reunion dinner with my family, cousin and his wife as well as my grandpa. We had a scrumptous 8-course meal at Hock Sen Restaurant near to King's Centre, inclusive of yee shang, pork, fish, shark's fin and crab meat soup and so on.
Too bad I didn't take any pics to show you guys. You will be drooling at the sight of all those nice dishes we ate.
Just got the mood and time to blog, thanks to reading Fungus's blog. As usual, she wrote crap and talked crap in her "diary". So I shall now post an entry, enjoying the comforts and warmth of my home sweet home , munching on the Chinese New Year goodies parents bought for the occasion.
Company left us off during lunch hour on Friday, then met up with bro at Bugis to take the taxi down to City Lounge. Since it was quite early, we loitered around at the shopping complex nearby to kill off time. After that, we took another taxi down to the airport. Waited a while for Berry to arrive since he's working. He managed to arrive in time amidst the traffic jam brewing up on the roads.
Boarded the airplane but we needed to sit all the way back near the toilet. It stinks real bad for I don't know what reasons. Maybe it got blocked or something. I swear I would not sit near the toilet anymore in any more flights. Didn't grab a nice sleep in the airplane due to the smell, light tremors and shakings.
Touched down at airport and Big Bro picked us up, afterwhich we had dinner at home before we finally called it a day.
Meanwhile, today, we did some last-minute shopping, Berry bought some pants while me and Daniel bought new shoes. Hehe, I really enjoy CNY for the fact that we get to buy new stuff.
I shall end this post on a happy note. I just watched this heartwarming and touching Chinese New Year Petronas advertisement on the tube. It was showing some clips on the loneliness the elderly suffer as a result of the young generation not going back to their hometown to reunite with their family members and have a reunion dinner. Kinda meaningful in reminding us to take a break from our work and studies to go back celebrate this joyous, festive occasion with our loved ones. After all, nothing beats having a great family and close friends. So, pack up your bags and go HOME! Tata!
Too bad I didn't take any pics to show you guys. You will be drooling at the sight of all those nice dishes we ate.
Just got the mood and time to blog, thanks to reading Fungus's blog. As usual, she wrote crap and talked crap in her "diary". So I shall now post an entry, enjoying the comforts and warmth of my home sweet home , munching on the Chinese New Year goodies parents bought for the occasion.
Company left us off during lunch hour on Friday, then met up with bro at Bugis to take the taxi down to City Lounge. Since it was quite early, we loitered around at the shopping complex nearby to kill off time. After that, we took another taxi down to the airport. Waited a while for Berry to arrive since he's working. He managed to arrive in time amidst the traffic jam brewing up on the roads.
Boarded the airplane but we needed to sit all the way back near the toilet. It stinks real bad for I don't know what reasons. Maybe it got blocked or something. I swear I would not sit near the toilet anymore in any more flights. Didn't grab a nice sleep in the airplane due to the smell, light tremors and shakings.
Touched down at airport and Big Bro picked us up, afterwhich we had dinner at home before we finally called it a day.
Meanwhile, today, we did some last-minute shopping, Berry bought some pants while me and Daniel bought new shoes. Hehe, I really enjoy CNY for the fact that we get to buy new stuff.
I shall end this post on a happy note. I just watched this heartwarming and touching Chinese New Year Petronas advertisement on the tube. It was showing some clips on the loneliness the elderly suffer as a result of the young generation not going back to their hometown to reunite with their family members and have a reunion dinner. Kinda meaningful in reminding us to take a break from our work and studies to go back celebrate this joyous, festive occasion with our loved ones. After all, nothing beats having a great family and close friends. So, pack up your bags and go HOME! Tata!

Comments